Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Amazing Weather Here In Ontario!

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. The weather here has been incredible this wknd! Yesterday and today we hit 15*C! VERY unlike Nov weather, so we've been out enjoying it and I've done NO creating this wknd. A little reminder though, last week's challenge was to create something with one pc of paper and I'd love to see some more entries! I find everyone's work so inspiring! A new challenge will be posted tmw.

Also, I have a couple Regal orders to go in, so if anyone would like something, have a look on my sidebar for the link to my online webstore and we'll all split the shipping. For my US friends, I'll just add on the exact shipping from me to you afterwards. Some great deals in there!

We also had a sad day yesterday as we lost our 16 yr old kitty. We had just bought and moved into our first home together, we were on separate shifts and I was waiting on the front steps when Keith came home one afternoon and in his hands was this precious little kitten (my first cat) and I fell in love with her. She's always been a very cuddly/huggy kitty. Yesterday she was bugging me in bed, trying to curl up around my head and then I heard our daughter crying saying Ginger couldn't move. It was awful. One minute she was ok, the next she was completely paralized from the waist down. They figure it was an embolism/broken blood clot on her spine. So we had to say our goodbyes. I took it quite hard. She was a sweetheart and she'll be missed. Even Riley was moping and crying as they had become best friends and were always together, even slept together. She's in the back corner, in her favourite place where she loved to lay and watch the birds. It's funny because Riley loves to lay against the fence back there too. We both missed her terribly last night, that's when I had a really rough time and finally let it all out. I'm so used to her being on the bed at night. I feel much better today though and know that I made the right decision and she's off lazing in the sun and doing her infamous birdwatching again somewhere!!

So, on a good note, be sure to enjoy this beautiful weather, wherever you are and happy creating!! I'm going back out to lap up this sunshine and clean some windows :)

5 comments:

SallyB said...

OH..Karen..So sorry to hear your sad news! We had a cat called Poppy before the girls were born who was a long haired tortoiseshell....she was very old lady and I remember giving her a bath and cleaning her up before she went to be put to sleep by the vet! She lost loads of weight and couldn't keep anything down so it was the kindest thing to do! It sounded like your kitty didn't know too much about it and it was very quick! May she rest in peace watching the birds!

Danni said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. HUGS!!

Nellie Mae said...

Oh my, that is sooooo sad. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear about your loss :( Please know you are thought about each day!

Sending you LOTS of hugs, Jennifer :)

Karen Wilson said...

I just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their kind thoughts, I really appreciate it. It's helped me for sure. It's very strange, I miss her so much, especially at night time. She was a doll, that's for sure!

Thanks again everyone...I truly appreciate it.