Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, March 28, 2011

"Celebration Of Life" Photo Boards

I wanted to thank you for your kind words and condolences. The memorial service on Saturday was very nice and there had to be 150-200 ppl there. It was amazing and papa would have been proud of all his great-grandchildren, they were all super good. His favorite hats were his fedora's and at the luncheon, grandma put them all out and most of the grandchildren got one and even some of the great-grandchildren. Was pretty cool to see all those fedora's around!! What turned out as a very sad day turned into something memorable as we visited with family we haven't seen for years and he would have loved that! So, rest in peace now papa!! You deserve it! Time to join that Euchre hand, enjoy that long awaited dance and get behind the wheel again!! We'll miss ya!!!!!!!!

These are the photo boards my sister and I put together. They really turned out nice and we had a lot of compliments on them. I don't know if you can see it, but on the "Scrappy Pappy" board, my sister had the brain storm to put a picture of papa IN the the little truck you see there! Super creative huh? "Scrappy Pappy" came to be bc he started up a little scrap business and was affectionately given that nickname!






3 comments:

Karen Motz said...

These are amazing Karen!!! What a fabulous trip down memory lane!!!

Crystal said...

WOOOWEE Karen these look WONDERFUL what a GREAT idea!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

The picture boards are awesome. I am sure pappy would have loved them. I love the idea of giving the fedoras to grandchildren. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers