Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, April 23, 2010

Grapefruit Scented Bath Salts W/Matching Cards!


Good morning! Here's another crafty idea I came up with for the upcoming craft show tmw! I got the bath salt idea from my friend Kelli. She made them for teacher's gifts at Xmas time. I couldn't get my hands on Mandarin oil, so I decided to go with Grapefruit Essential Oils and red food coloring to ting it pink. Oh my GOODNESS does this stuff smell good!!! I made up 10 bottles and had enough left over for 3 personal ones as well. I then made (10) 3x3 cards that are blank inside, but have a little saying on the inside left panel...
"Pamper Yourself With Handmade Grapefruit Bath Salts. Just Add 2-3 tbsp’s To Your Bath & Enjoy!"

This way, they can be used for any kind of gift! Not bad huh?? I did the recipe 4x's and as I said, it made 10 small jars, plus I had enough to fill 3 small, snack sized tupperware containers about half way. There's actually alot in these jars to! I have it pretty packed so ppl will get alot for their money.
Here's the recipe! (I got everything I needed at the local Bulk Barn and the jars at Dollarama!)

For most bath salts recipes you can use your choice of epsom salts or sea salt, with baking soda, if desired, or a combination of all three. A nice mixture is:

  • one cup of epsom salts
  • 1/4 cup of sea salt
  • two or three tablespoons of baking soda (I used 2)
  • essential oil (about 10 drops is a nice scent)
  • liquid food coloring (again adjust to your desired color)

Epsom salts and sea salt are soothing for tired muscles, while both will gently soften the water for a luxurious bath experience. Add your choice of essential oil, but start with two or three drops and see if you like the fragrance. The same goes for the liquid food coloring; sometimes I use quite a few drops of food color to get the strong hue that I like, but so far it hasn't stained the bath tub or anyone's skin. Remember that the color and fragrance will be much diluted in the bath water. For best results I mix all the ingredients in my food processer. Then put them in a jar of your choice! Put 1 or 2 tablespoons in a nice warm bath, and relax!

2 comments:

dolcreations said...

What a wonderful idea Karen! Love the matching cards to go with the bath salts! Have a fantastic time at your craft show!!!

Stef H said...

you are just so full of such cool stuff!