Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, March 19, 2010

Feeling Under The Weather?




Hi all! I have had a busy day and didn't get a chance to post this. We had some crazy news last night. On Monday, Andrew's best friend Thomas was here and spent the night. Thomas is like another son here...he's treated like our own kid's. He was up sick all night, but didn't tell anyone till Tuesday morning. He was still sick Tuesday and complained that his stomach was sore. We all thought it was the stomach flu as his family had been sick as well. Well, last night I get a call from his mom and he's on his way into surgery...turns out he had appendicitus! Once they got in there, they saw it had burst and they figure it had burst on Tuesday. He was in surgery for 2 hours and has 4 new holes in his 'rock hard' (Thomas's words..lol) stomach. Andrew and I went to see him tonight and he looks good and I tell ya, it's good to see him. He called me this morning to let me know how everything went and sounded awesome. Turns out it wasn't so good once the anesthetic wore off and he had a rough day.

GET WELL SOON, THOMAS! HERE'S TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY!

So, I decided to make this card for him and used a High Hopes image from my friend Monica (Thanks Monica!) Isn't he cute? I thought it was perfect! The paper is CTMH "Caboodle" and I added some prisma glitter as well. I'm not sure if he really saw it as he's on some pretty heavy morphine for the pain. Carrie thought it was cute though!

Challenges Entered:

10 comments:

KimS said...

OMG Karen....How cute is this card?!!! I'm sure Thomas will still love it even when the morphine wears off.

Michelle said...

OMGoodness I'm so glad that he's ok. Tough guy..and to not let anyone know - very brave. Your card is adorable and I'm sure he's goint to love it!!

Danni said...

Oh my! So glad they caught it in time..poor kid! Cute card!

dolcreations said...

Karen...this card is so cute! I have to say I do love the glitter! I hope Thomas is recovering quickly!

Stef H said...

omword! kids! they think they're indesctructable! sure glad he's on the mend!

super card. he's gonna love it.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Love your card Karen and your colouring is gorgeous, Love how you followed through and decorated the inside too, Hope you can play again this week, Hugs, Nikki x

Lacey Stephens said...

Gosh, I sure hope your friend is feeling better now! This is a lovely card and I am sure it cheered him up.
Thank you so much for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge last week! We have another fun one. I am the host and my challenge is "Hoppy Easter" - make an Easter or Spring Card or use an image with anything that hops! I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey Stephens
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT

Mel said...

Oh huni so glad hes ok!! Love the wee card, he'll just love it too xxx

Michelle said...

hey girl - just saw you won the high hopes challenge with this card! CONGRATS!! You've had one lucky week :o)

Monica said...

Great card Karen ~ Congratulations on winning the challenge!