Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, October 7, 2012

LMCB#109 - My Hometown

Hey all! We have a super fun challenge at Lasting Memories this week! It's called "My Hometown" and we want to see something from your hometown!! Could be where you were born, grew up, where you live now - lots of options! At first I was stumped and then I remembered something super cool!! Back in 2004, we had a movie filmed here in our little town where we've now lived for over 18 yrs and it was awesome!! Gene Hackman, Ray Romano to name a few were right here in my little town! So here's what I created and I also attached a trailer of you're interested in watching. After that, be sure to pop over and visit my DT's "Hometowns" and then come and join us!! Cya there!



Monroe "Eagle" Cole is a former U.S. President ready to settle into a quaint little town named Mooseport. He's ready to take in the lion's share of endorsement deals and speaking engagements while developing his own presidential library. Meanwhile, Handy Harrison is a local hardware store owner with a girlfriend ready to throw in the towel on their relationship. Just as Monroe is offered the local mayor's position, he's found an unlikely opponent in Handy. But ultimately, both men have a lot to lose when the stakes are raised and a simple competition turns into an all out war.

           

6 comments:

Michele said...

so this totally makes me want to watch the movie. I love your moose! Going to have to check out what Willow Beach and Lake Simcoe. Very cool!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a great idea for the challenge and a fun memory.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Boy, your town is FAMOUS! You showcased this!

Toni Herron said...

Oooh that is so cool... I love that movie!!!
And this is a perfect idea for your LO! Very cool.
Toni... :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Eugene has "Animal House" bragging rights, but no way am I showcasing that. great layout love the moose

Unknown said...

Oh this is too cool! I have to go find this movie!!! I love Ray:) Your moose is darling, nice layout:)