Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Special Girl - Bellarific Challenge For June 19th


This week's challenge over at Bellablog is another sketch and I love it! I love sketches because I find them very inspiring. I had an idea in my head, but it didn't quite work. I had taken a card class with Nicky and we did a card using just the heads of the stamps, so that's what I was going to do...but, my squares are too big, so I went with this instead! The card is 6x6" and the squares are approximately 2x2". I cut them out with a large punch. Below is my incorporation of this week's sketch challenge!

TIP: Another technique that I learned from Nicky is 'paper piecing' which is another thing that I love to do! Stamp your image on white paper, now choose a patterned paper that will incorporate into your finished card and restamp the same image. Cut out and piece onto your orginal stamped image. See below where I've paper pieced the dresses? I just used paper that was already incorporated into my card and I love that it all ties in together. Now it's your turn!



STAMPS: Ivy KETTO and Maisy KETTO (Stamping Bella)
SENTIMENT STAMP: For A Special Girl (Stamping Bella) I had to cut off the 'For' to make it work for my card
PAPER: Dream Street (Stamping Bella)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Baubles (Stamping Bella), Prisma Glitter (CTMH), Flower (Dollarama)
TECHNIQUE: Paper Piecing

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Karen, i love this card, it's sooo cute :)

Nancy DeLenardo said...

Oh my god Karen that is so adorable and beautiful what a great idea.. Fabulous job I give you 15 out of 10!

Tanya said...

Great job Karen!

Stefanie said...

Very cute! I love the kettos you chose for the sketch! It's been really cool to see how everyone interpreted those 4 squares. :)
PS. Thanks for the blog award.