Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, June 22, 2009

Meistro Mouse! A Teacher's Gift



This year I wanted to try something different for the kid's teachers. Awhile ago, I found a body scrub idea on a fellow blogger site and I loved the idea. So, I went researching body scrub recipes and I found one called "Mocha Sugar Body Scrub". Since Andrew's teacher loves music and is a music teacher (an amazing one at that), I went with my little Meistro Mouse. He's colored in with watercolor blending pencils and then on the top of the little jar, I did the same image using CTMH 'white daisy' ink. Want to try it yourself? Here's what you need:
  • half cup (white) sugar
  • 3 tbsps coffee grinds
  • 2 tbsps cocoa
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 2-3 tbsps almond oil
  • pinch of vanilla extract (optional) ashleigh and I added a little to ours

In a glass bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together and then add your almond oil to you reach your desired texture. Don't be surprised if you use a bit more. I ended up using a bit more cinnamon and added vanilla. I followed the recipe and then added things till it smelled just right to me. I also added a bit more oil as well. I tried it in the shower yesterday and mmm mmmm mmm! Bathroom smelled like a nice blend of coffee and chocolate!! I have to be honest, when you first open it, the first thing you think is "WHAT is that??" But it leaves your skin feeling soft and smelling yummy!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

dolcreations said...

This is very nice Karen. I love the image you used. Very personalized! You certainly did take alot of time and effort into this gift...what a special teachers gift!

Karen Wilson said...

Thank you, Christine!! Ms. Banks LOVES music, so again, I had something totally different in my head, but then remembered my little house mouse and thought, PERFECT!!!!!!!! Andrew took it in today.

Tanya said...

Very nice Karen. She is going to love this!

wendyp said...

How CUTE!!! I'm sure she loved this! What a great teachers gift!!