Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Share The Holiday Warmth - Simon Says Challenge




I tried something new with this card. I embossed my image in clear embossing powder and then I watercolored her. I think it has a neat effect! This card is for this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is Christmas in August! My cousin Nancy and her family, along with my Aunt Linda and her (soon to be) hubby, made me a scrapbooker's gift basket for my birthday and in it were these 3 fold cards. This is the first time I've used one and they're quite cute! I couldn't resist this little Sarah Kay stamp, "My Sweet Lily", for this one as she reminds me of my sleepy daughter on Xmas morning. I used a velum overlay on the front as well. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW Karen! That is really cool! Great card.

Karen Wilson said...

Thank you so much! I think it looks quite pretty!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh such gorgeous work with watercolors, I love it!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is lovely ,,, It is nice to try something new ,,, especially when it turns out as beautiful as this !! I love the window,,, looks frosty ,,, what a fab idea !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Lols x x

Michelle said...

Karen - that is so cool!! What an awesome effect - it really adds to the sweet stamp image!

Nancy said...

This is so great the card looks amazing. What a cool effect and I am glad you got your mojo back now it is my turn. Keep up the good work!