Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Call To Serve: The Butterfly Project (FBW #69 & Pile It On #9))


Today on Flutter By Wednesday, the challenge is very heart warming and I decided to post it here as well. It's called "A Call To Serve: The Butterfly Project". This is a piece from the post that I wanted to share..."More than 1,500,000 innocent children were murdered during the Holocaust. In an effort to remember them, the Holocaust Museum of Houston is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies. The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition, currently scheduled for Spring 2012, for all to remember."

So, I thought the more we get this out there, the better. Please go to Craft Critique for more information. Butterflies have to be mailed NO LATER than September 15th. You'll find everything you need at Craft Critique. I'm also attaching a Mr. Linky so you can post your butterflies here for all to see, if you choose.

I've also entered this card in my first "Pile It On" challenge as well. You are to use at least 3 flowers or more!

I used my cricut cartridge "Walk In My Garden" to make my butterfly at 5 inches.

Please Note:
  • Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
  • Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
  • Glitter should not be used.
  • Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used..
  • Place your butterfly in a Ziplock Bag with your name and address.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

very pretty butterfly and for such a good cause. I can't wait to get started on mine.
hugs,
Rachel

Lelia Pierce said...

Wonderful job, Karen! I'm so glad you could play along!

Hugs,
Lelia

Danni said...

Thanks for spreading the word about this!! Love your butterfly!

Jennifer Stricker said...

Oh so cute! He is so inspirational. Thanks for joining Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Michelle said...

Karen your butterfly is so cute - I guess I may need to get a circut after all. How cool that it's 5inches!!

Thanks so much for participating in FBW and for spreading the word for this great project!!

Maureen said...

So cute - love all the 'bellies! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Anonymous said...

hi Karen!

Welcome to Pile It On! Thanks for the link for the butterflies... yours is adorable! and my sweet DD just screamed "look mommy butterfly"... LOL!!!

Thanks for playing with us @ Pile It On!
-- dalis