Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, July 11, 2010

OUCH!

A little story behind this cute layout. My nephew's 7th birthday is on the 18th, but because they'll be away on holidays, they had his b-day party with his friends yesterday and then family today. Well, my sister called last night and told me Hayden had broke his arm during his party. Apparently he was quite upset about messing up his birthday party and didn't even get to open presents. My brother in law took him to the hospital where they had to put him under just a little to reset the arm and put a temp cast on there. He goes tmw for a proper cast. They left the house about 3:30 and didn't get back till about 9:30. Poor little guy! He fell off the slide and landed on his arm. So, I got to work on a little something for him and came up with this layout. My sister can add the pic and the journalling. I'll give it to him today when we see him.

I used Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up and Plantin Schoolbook

I'm entering this in Glitterbabe's Challenge #2 - Orange, Pink and Tourquiose

5 comments:

Gina said...

Poor little lamb!! Send him a big hug from me:D This is a lovely gift, I'm sure it will cheer him up no end. Thank you for playing along with us at Glitterbabes ChallengeXXX

Stef H said...

oh the poooooor thing!!!!! now that's a birthday to never forget!!! and i absolutely love your page! how creative and smart!!! you're a good aunt. you can adopt me anytime!!!

and i'm so glad you joined us at glitterbabe's challenge!!!

hugs :)

Nancy said...

Poor Hayden. It is a birthday he will never forget. You did a great job on the page Karen. Bet he will cherish it for a long time to come.

Tammy Miller said...

Cute card! I love that image and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Glitterbabe's challenge.

JLJ Designs said...

Great layout! I'm sorry your nephew broke his arm, but I'm sure he'll love the dinosaur. Thank you for joining us at Glitterbabe's Challenge.

Jennifer