Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Which Came First?" Blog Hop!




Memories In Tyme Blog Hop


Welcome to the "Which Came First???" Blog Hop!!

Who knew that a single piece of paper or a tiny rubber stamp would start an addiction that could overtake our dining rooms, living rooms, and bedrooms???   What started it for you?  Did you start by stamping cards and then progress to scrapbooking?  Were you an avid picture-taker turned cardmaker?  Or did you pick something from the start and stick with it?  Join us on our adventure as we share how we each got started in the scrapbooking and stamping craft!!  You'll find some fun stories, neat projects, and awesome folks along the way, we hope you'll enjoy each and every moment!! Let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped over from Michelle, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog. For the hop today, I've decided to show you the very first class scrap page that I did.   I had always loved dabbling in scrapbooking at home, but never really had any experience - what was in my head went on the paper (will have to dig one of those out and show you later lol!! They're BEAUTIFUL .. LOL!) and then there was a Creative Memories class being held at our local library so away I went and this is what I did ... a pg on my 2 kiddo's ... (LOVE these pics!!)


Then I went to the consultant's house because I loved it so much and became a CM consultant. That lasted for a bit and then I dropped that and just dabbled away in what I had at home. April 2007 I attended a friend's house party for CTMH - again, HOOKED line and sinker!! Kelli and I became consultant partners and still are today. 2007 is when I started doing cards and getting a little more creative with my layouts as you can see if you have a peek through my blog. NOW, I even dabble in digi and LOVE it!! So, there you have it! I've went from (before this page I'm showing you) from cutting off heads in pics to the above and now onto cards, digital and fancier layouts! It's amazing how we come along and become addicted!!! Thank you again for checking out my project...  Now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!! Your next hop stop is.....Kimberly!




17 comments:

Vicki said...

I believe that Creative Memories gave a jump start to many a scrapbooker...I understand they have really great tools as well. Thanks for sharing in the hop. I have enjoyed being with all of you ladies..Now I am off to run through your blog to see just how far you have come with your scrapbooking ;)!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
follower

BlueCrayons said...

your first layout dont look bad. off to find more.

Claire Spielman said...

Hi Karen,
That first lay out looks great!Love the stickers...LOL. Since you have progressed so beautifully ( I checked out some other fun cards on your blog) the only way to go is up from here! Keep up the beautiful layouts...they are a forever keeper!
Creative Wishes, & TFS
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

craftin-dawn said...

Hi Karen!! I love viewing you blog for inspiration..This first LO of yours is great! and as for digi stamps you do awesome with those. I have enjoyed this blog hop! See ya
DawnD

Crystal said...

AWWW those pictures are darling Karen, such a fun layout!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the story and the layout, thank you for sharing it.

Michele said...

Oh my... I so should have posted my Creative Memories layouts that I have done. We all have the same corner rounded photos and those paper piecing packs... can't remember the names of them...but they had the triangles, strips of paper, squares and such all in different patterned papers and plain. I have them all over some of my layouts as accents. Too funny! I so should have been a Consultant or Demo for a company... but my work always got in the way. And now kids. :-) Maybe when I am an Empty Nester.

Brenda said...

I think I still have some of those CM stickers!!! lol I have quite a few CM stickers still because I haven't used them since getting my Cricut. lol How much fun it is to move forward with our crafting goodies and styles!! Remember Mrs. Grossman stickers?? They were huge too. lol Love the old layouts as they were the style for back then, but I love where we have came too. I'm anxious to see how things change for the future as well.
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

K Clark said...

oh my goodness Karen you and I must have started at the same time with the LO's :)

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

Yep, looks like we had a lot in common when we first started out, with the random stickers and the no-mat pictures! :) Beautiful pics BTW :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Where would we all be with out Creative Memories. Your layout reminded me of how excited I was when I got a corner rounder. Thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Lisa said...

Love the pics on your first layout and it seems a lot of people start out with no mats and lots of stickers. TFS.

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing your first layout and story.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So fun to go back and see how we all got started. Glad you are part of the hop.

Janet said...

Your earlier layout is really cute, I love the embelies and the placement of the pictures an I remember journaling around the photos!!
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

Aim said...

Okay, Karen... I'm pretty sure I have a layout that looks EXACTLY like this with the long strips and photos laid out like that!! :) I see that you and I had VERY similar beginnings... And you know I love your layouts NOW too!! :) I'm so glad you shared your story...

Thanks for participating in the hop!!
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Teena said...

Enjoyed your story. I'll be back sometime to check out your blog.